This purchase is for online CE Test only
- Additional Participant CE Test
- 6 hr 13 min
- ROY D. STEINBERG, PH.D.
- PESI Inc.
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Analyze the impact of dementia on brain structure and function, and determine the difference between “normal forgetfulness” and cognitive impairment.
- Differentiate dementias from one another by identifying manifestations of each type.
- Articulate differences between the Folstein Mini-Mental Status examination and SLUMS and effectively utilize them as screening measure tools for cognitive impairment and dementia.
- Employ adaptable behavioral interventions that can provide patients with individualized care and promote more effective participation in therapy.
- Investigate the concept of caregiver guilt and its implications for the client, clinicians, and those caring for older adults with dementia.
- Correlate patients’ strengths and limitations to potential therapeutic approaches when developing treatment plans for older adults with dementia.
Mental Health Evaluation
Cognitive Disorder and “Forgetfulness”
- Alcohol Abuse
Diagnostics of Dementing Conditions
- Transient Cognitive Decline
- Pre-cursor to dementia
- Mild Neuro-Cognitive Disorder
Cognitive Assessment Tools
- Lewy Body
- Reversible Conditions
Differentiate Dementia and Depression
- Mini-Mental State Examination
- Clinical applications
- Administration and scoring
- Objective and subjective interpretation
- Therapy modalities
- Clinical indicators of depression and anxiety
- Practical application
- Early and Mid-stage Alzheimer’s – Acetylcholinesterase Inhibitors
- Mid and Late-stage Alzheimer’s – Neurotransmitter Glutamate
- Alternate interventions
Working with Caregivers at Home
- Intervention strategies for depression, poor appetite, verbal and physical combativeness, refusing ADL care
- Strategies for coping mechanisms for the caregiver and clinician
- Caregiver guilt
- Responsibility to patient
- Reporting abuse
- Power of Attorney
ROY D. STEINBERG, PH.D.
Roy D. Steinberg, Ph.D., a gero-psychologist with over 22 years of experience, concentrates his work on diagnosing and facilitating treatment of individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. He has lectured nationally on the assessment and treatment of individuals with Alzheimer’s disease, and on increasing attention on caring for caregivers. Dr. Steinberg is the author of Forgetting the Memories: A Caregiver’s Journey Through Alzheimer’s Disease, a guide for caregivers that draws upon his profound knowledge of the disease, its manifestations and treatment, and his great love and tenderness as the son of an Alzheimer’s patient.
Dr. Steinberg maintains a private practice devoted exclusively to serving older adults and their caregivers. He provides evaluation, consultation, and psychotherapeutic services to older adults in nursing homes, assisted living, and medical facilities. Dr. Steinberg provides outpatient consultation, educational, and counseling services to families and other caregivers of older adults to facilitate coping with the process of dementia.
Dr. Steinberg is licensed in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York, and California. He received his Ph.D. from the California School of Professional Psychology at Berkeley. He has been featured in numerous media venues, including television, radio, and print.
Financial: Roy Steinberg maintains a private practice. He is an author for AuthorHouse. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Roy Steinberg has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Continuing Education Credits
Save time and $10 off the price of other submission methods – purchase & take the CE test online for $19.99 USD per participant. Additional processing fees apply for other submission methods (i.e. mail, fax, etc.). Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
Listed below are the continuing education credit(s) currently available for this non-interactive self-study package. Please note, your state licensing board dictates whether self study is an acceptable form of continuing education. Please refer to your state rules and regulations.
Certificates of Successful Completion are available for email, download and/or printing from your online account immediately following the successful completion of the post-test/evaluation.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
- Social Workers
- Occupational Therapists
- Physical Therapists
- Speech-Language Pathologists
- Nursing Home Administrators
- Assisted Living Facility Administrators
- Long Term/Acute Care Professionals
- Case Managers
- Marriage & Family Therapists
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to Psychotherapy Networker, 5135 MacArthur Boulevard N.W., Washington, D.C. 20016 or call (888) 851-9498.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (888) 851-9498.