3 Steps to Transform Your Relationship with Food and Your Body
Step 1 - Practice Attuned Eating
- What Is attuned eating, and how is it different than the diet mentality?
- 3 keys of attuned eating:
- Reconnect with your body’s hunger cues
- Nourish your body by “making the match.”
- Honor your body’s signals for fullness
- Apply attuned eating to different eating styles (vegetarian, health concerns, etc.)
- How attuned eating helps you identify and meet other needs in your life
- Understanding emotional eating and developing new coping strategies.
Step 2 - Move from Body Shame to Body Positivity
- The role of shame – and how to beat it!
- Strategies to heal body image
- Self-compassion and the inner critic
- How the scale affects your self-worth
- Living in the present instead of putting off goals until you’re “thin enough.”
- Collecting positive body experiences
- Strategies to reject diet culture and find support
Step 3 – Embrace A Holistic Approach to Wellness Beyond Weight
- Understand the relationship between weight and health
- Practice self-care behaviors for physical and emotional well-being
- Change the conversation about dieting, food and weight