State of the Art 2013 is coming to a close, and while we love the feel of freshness, community, and discovery that comes with the virtual conference experience, we know that many of you will be experiencing and enjoying sessions on demand long after the “event” has ended.
Either way, we hope you get a chance to watch Diana Fosha and Chris Germer’s session on “The Now Moment” in psychotherapy, which aired yesterday. Drawing on mindfulness but applicable to all therapists, Diana and Chris’s session talked about how the increasing focus on a sense of immediate presence, vulnerability, and adaptability are changing the practice of psychotherapy.
On that note, the conference isn’t quite over yet. We’re still looking forward to next week’s follow up sessions based on your questions to:
- Dan Siegel and Rick Hanson on “Does Neuroscience Really Matter?”
- Esther Perel and William Doherty on “Commitment and Its Challenges in 21st Century Couples”
- Mary Jo Barrett and Dick Schwartz on “Treating Trauma: A 30 Year Perspective”
- Chris Germer and Diana Fosha on “The Now Moment”
We want to address as many of your questions as possible, so please get them in before the end of this week! If you haven’t had a chance to leave your questions yet, it isn’t too late to post them in the forums.
We also hope you’ll have a chance to do these things before the live event comes to an end:
- Connect with fellow attendees
- Fill out a profile so others can connect with you
- View bonus materials
- Fill out your evaluation and take quizzes to earn CEs
Of course, you’ll still be able to access everything—the sessions, the community features, and the bonus materials—on demand for the next five months at your convenience.
Thank you for being a part of State of the Art 2013. We’ve enjoyed watching the unique flavor of this event unfold as a result of your conversations, questions, and feedback. We hope you’ll join us for our Q&A follow up sessions and the next annual State of the Art!
Anything stand out during the conference? Comment below letting us know what the highlights were for you.