The Rise of Integrative Mental Health with Rubin Naiman

Mind/Body: NP0039 – Session 1

Do you want to enhance your clinical effectiveness? Do you feel that the body and the mind are treated as separate entities when they should be treated as a whole? Join Rubin Naiman as he helps to widen your perspective as a therapist and helps you to bridge the mind-body rift.

Posted in CE Comments, NP0039: Mind/Body | Tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to The Rise of Integrative Mental Health with Rubin Naiman

1. gneurodoc says:

Loved the body as inner puppy.
    My biggest challenge with pts suffering pain and chronic illness is, in the words of Whitaker (I believe): “sometimes life is bigger than therapy”. For them, life is always bigger, and the body always louder than the mind, due to their internal experience of pain and symptom. This results in a reasonable skepticism about what we have to offer. Any comments?
    Dr. Gabe Newman, Baltimore

2. papekm says:

Interesting presentation, thank you. I have two questions:

1. What was the name of the woman (Candace ?) who said “The body is the unconscious mind.”?

2. Any ideas about how to approach these issues with clients who are on the lower end of the socio-economic scale – those with problematic access to healthcare and good nutrition, and who are living in substandard housing or dangerous environments with few options for change?

3. Heather says:

I welcome the growing awareness amongst psychologists who are embracing many of the tenets of social work practice that includes environment, politics, society, location etc.
    I see a greater need to embrace holistic service delivery rather than trying to be a jack of all trades.
    I encourage everyone to start DOING new things to incorporate new knowledge and move away from just talking about doing.
    I believe that Papekm is referring to Candace Pert who wrote the book,Molecules of Emotion.

4. marescho says:

I wonder whether the type of fish oil capsules you can get at places like Trader Joe’s are ok or if you need the highly distilled, expensive types that are in health food stores. I wonder about mercury levels in the fish. Overall, a great presentation and it gave a bigger perspective to look at clients.

• Tmoody says:

Mercury contamination is an issue with some fish oil supplements. There are resources out there that have high quality fish oil for very reasonable prices. This supplement is critical for optimal brain function and worth the investment.

5. lcrane says:

Thank you so much for this valuable webinar. I too, feel much calmer and integrated having just watched it!