The Healthcare Crisis And New Roles for Psychotherapists

Nick Cummings On The Value Of Integrated Behavioral Healthcare

Nick Cummings, Ph.D., has long been psychotherapy’s soothsayer. He has an uncanny ability to read the data and the tea leaves and point the way to psychotherapy’s next important contribution to healthcare.

The new frontier for psychotherapists, according to Nick? Integrated Behavioral Healthcare.

Here’s how he explained the problem this new approach address during a recent conversation with me:

Medical costs are escalating because so much medical care is an unnecessary substitute for the psychological problems that the health industry is not attending to in its patients.

In this quick video clip, Nick points out how this approach–now sanctioned by the APA–puts therapists who train in behavioral health in a position where they work with doctors as equals. The result is dramatically increased positive outcomes and reduced healthcare costs.

You’ll gain so much valuable, actionable information when you join my conversation with Nick, next Tuesday, June 25 at 1 pm. The session is part of our all-new webcast series:

Expand Your Practice:
New Opportunities in Today’s Mental Health Marketplace.

Nick joins Joe Bavonese, Lynn Grodzki, Casey Truffo, Jeff Auerbach, and DeeAnna Nagel to help you master and make the most of the new realities of the mental health marketplace.

Posted in Networker Exchange | Tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to The Healthcare Crisis And New Roles for Psychotherapists

1. Eva Brown says:

Is this offered at any other time? I am working at an inpatient psych unit with adolescents at this time.

2. Psychotherapy Networker Support says:

Hi Eva,

If you decide to purchase the series, you will have access to all sessions for one year (from your purchase date). You will be able to view all sessions anytime, at your convenience. If you have any other questions regarding this webcast series, please email us directly at support@psychotherapynetworker.org and we’ll be more than happy to answer your questions and help you out.

Best,

PN Support

3. LPC1999 says:

vnvnxkljxpjopf
    Who is hiring these Behavioral Specialists? What companies, what entities?
    Have you presented this partnership model at medical schools?

4. LPC1999 says:

Who is hiring these Behavioral Specialists? What companies, what entities?
    Have you presented this partnership model at medical schools?

5. maryccollins says:

nice try, Ritch but this guy just wanted to brag about his program!! As an LMFT and RN, I’ve kept a great relationshhip with the PCP’s in my community by finding out what they need and helping them. YOu don’t need to go to school to learn all the medicalese that he thinks you do. Just listen to their needs and educate them with how you can help. I agree that we have to think of what we do as a business and market like crazy!!

6. smokymolokini says:

gee, I guess I am one of those who refuse to change. I’d rather make less money and do what I love to do than spend all day long giving 10 consultations to people and maybe make a little more money working for the insurance companies.
    That sounds utterly horrible.