The Illusion of Separateness—Connecting with Our Clients

Today’s Wisdom: NP0029 – Session 3

Today we’re becoming even more disconnected from one another. Join Tara Brach as she takes us through practices that can help you and your client move beyond the individual identity toward the fuller realization that we are all part of a larger whole.

Posted in CE Comments, NP0029: Today's Wisdom | Tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to The Illusion of Separateness—Connecting with Our Clients

1. Tatyana says:

I loved Tara’s presentation. It reflects my work with my patients a lot. However, looking for my own therapist I have a problem to find one. Does Tara take psychotherapy slients? Does she work on Skype? If not, I would appreciate any referals to other therapists with the same powerful approach in NJ, NY areas.
    Thank you, Tara!!!

• Dear Tatyana – I am not taking clients now, but if you email me at the above address, my assistant can send you a list of several mindfulness based therapists in the NY area.

2. I very much appreciated this presentation. As a longtime therapist with a meditation practice that’s not quite as long
    I have had some questions about how to integrate the two in
    a way that honors my clients goals and needs. Tara spoke to this with clarity and insight.

3. Jennie says:

Tara, through Radical Acceptance, your online offerings of guided meditation and the two webinars you’ve done with Rich, I am continually inspired to go deeper into my personal journey and my practice with my clients. Thank you for making the connection between being with our emotions in a healing therapeutic relationship and being with what arises as we meditate. I thought the way you describe these two separate, yet equally importance processes as key! I also love the way you make Rich, myself and (likely) all others who watch you smile. Your energy is so incredibly loving and connecting. Thank you!

4. Carol Mc Dermott says:

How wonderful to have Tara’s presence back in my study room. I feel gratitude again to Rich for bringing her to me.

5. francine says:

What a pleasure to hear Tara’s approach to integrating mindfulness and psychotherapy. I wonder if this kind of work is as popular in New York city as it is in other places further out west. And in looking at the view of non-duality in both the advaita tradtion and Dzogchen tradition,a new question arises abut who is the client and who is the therapist.

6. Alejandro says:

What a wonderful human being Tara Brach is. So full of wisdom and love. Feel blessed to have listen to hear through your website. I feel deeply touched by her I am am grateful for her path. Feeling lots of love towards her. Thank you.

7. Victoria Swenson says:

How appropriate that Tara Brach should be among the speakers addressing Today’s Wisdom. Her ability to convey her deeply developed ideas about combining the powers of psychotherapy and spirituality is unparallelled. She is a shining example of the work she speaks about. I am appreciative of her work and the manner in which she makes it so accessible that I can take it and immediately deepen the experience within myself, and between myself and clients in the therapy room. Fantastic webinar. Thanks so much to Rich, Tara and Psychotherapy Networker.

8. An absolute pleasure to watch this webcast. Tara, thank you so much for everything you have brought to the field and the way that you are able to present it in such an understandable and resonating way. I teach your RAIN technique to EVERY client I have, I use the technique for myself at least once a day and this shift in the ways of dealing with uncomfortable emotions is one of the most influential parts of my practice and has helped me on a personal level as well. With deep gratitude!