Child Therapy without Problems: The Kids Skills Approach with Ben Furman

Parenting Skills: NP0027 – Session 6

Teach parents a new way to praise and encourage their children while getting them to comply and overcome difficulties by shifting the focus from “problems” to helping kids gain meaningful new skills. In this approach, parents will take on the role of guides and cheerleaders and children will gain confidence in themselves. Ben Furman, psychiatrist and trainer of solution-focused psychotherapy, will explore this method and take you through case studies.

Posted in CE Comments, NP0027: Parenting Skills | Tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Child Therapy without Problems: The Kids Skills Approach with Ben Furman

1. BethParks01 says:

Ben F. is an enchanting man! Loved his style.

2. jbharts@hotmail.com says:

I loved this segment today. I found Dr. Furman’s enthusiasm, inviting personality, and information so helpful and relevant to what challenges I am currently dealing. I volunteer as a therapist at an orphanage. I was struggling with how to manage giving the house mothers a voice and the budding adolescents who are feeling angry and shut out, not to mention the usual challenges that come from a lack of attachment, and teach the appropriate skills necessary to bring more harmony, balance and knowledge to both the children and the house mothers. Thank you so much!

3. Fantastic talk!!! Thank you Ben Furman.

Can you list out the titles of the 5 LESSONS.

Thanks again,
    Catherine

4. mgibson says:

Thank you so much. I work with children and families, and I just LOVE this approach. I plan to learn more about it and put it into practice quickly. This is definitely a BETTER WAY!

5. Wow! A kindred spirit indeed. Thank you thank you. I, too, felt as though I was in room with Ben Furman. What a blessing he is to every person with whom he comes in contact. I have long been using a solution-focused approach but this gives me more tools. I am so grateful for the opportunity to attend this webinar.

6. Mary says:

This positive approach is much more effective with children than the punishing approaches that many people use. Thanks for this refreshing presentation. I would like to watch this again and again.

7. Myrta Lange says:

Congratulations for an excellent webinar. Ben Furman’s refreshing ideas on looking and fostering the creative potential in our clients.

8. lyn.benson1 says:

Thank you so much for your excellent and vibrant conversation. I run Mindful Parenting classes in Melbourne Australia and this webinar in particular has given me some great alternatives to even consequences which in Ben Furman’s view can be seen as punishment by the children. Thank you again. As in one of the above comments, can you please list the 5 lessons for kids, I think from listening, I made about 8? I regularly run parenting classes and these will be very helpful. Thank you again Lyn Benson Psychologist Melbourne, Australia