Explore how to access a client's capacities for self-reflection, resilience, deeper awareness, and what has been deemed the "higher self": love, wisdom, flow, compassion and generosity. We'll examine techniques that go beyond treating psychological ills, symptoms, and disorders to enable clients to achieve mastery of their own change process.
What's Covered in A403 Acessing The Higher Self:
- The specifics of these techniques, clarified with transcripts of actual therapy sessions.
- How, rather than being a separate realm of therapy, tapping into positive affects and emotions are part of the transformational process in any effective psychotherapy
- How there are actual somatic markers of the change process.
- Specific methods for accessing clients' core strengths that can be integrated into your practice, whatever your theoretical model.
Get All 6 Audio Sessions Now
Prefer CD format? Choose CD at checkout.
A403 Accessing The Higher Self:
From Suffering To Flourishing
- Positive affects and positive dyadic interaction
- Resilience, flourishing, and the broaden-and-build theory of positive emotion
- Meta-therapeutic processing and the transformational affects
- Techniques to extend the work of treating psychological ills, symptoms, and disorders
- The phenomenology of the transformational affects
- The tremulous affects associated with the crisis of healing change and the emergence of the radiant self
- The healing affects and the process of affirming recognition
- The emergence of love, tenderness, and gratitude toward the other
- Feeling moved within the self
- The mastery affects and core state
- The emergence and consolidation of joy, hope, gratitude, and confidence in the goodness of the self
- Dealing with therapists' difficulties receiving clients' recognition and gratitude
- Why we struggle so much
- How to get better at taking in good stuff
Meet Presenter Diana Fosha, PhD
Diana Fosha, Ph.D., is the developer of AEDP (Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy) and the director of the AEDP Institute. She's the author of The Transforming Power of Affect: A Model for Accelerated Change and of papers on experiential process in dynamic psychotherapy. She teaches and is in private practice in New York City.