In the past 20 years, Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), developed by Jon-Kabat-Zinn, has developed a worldwide reputation for the benefits it provides the mind, emotions, and physical health.
What's Covered in A706 Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction:
- A step-by-step guide to experiencing mindfulness through awareness exercises, meditations, and discussion.
- The basic principles of MBSR, such as authenticity and nonjudgmental attention.
- Several practical mindfulness meditations and an awareness exercises to practice in the session and at home to help you incorporate mindfulness into your personal and professional life.
Get All 6 Audio Sessions Now
Prefer CD format? Choose CD at checkout.
- Introduction to Mindfulness and an Overview of MBSR
- Discussion of perspective that there's more right with you than wrong and that each person has the ability and responsibility for their own well-being
- The role of intention, acceptance, and commitment
- Awareness exercise, and practice of the body-scan meditation
- Use of language in defining and explaining mindfulness
- Building Success
- The meaning of wellness, cultivation of attention and compassion; the role of perception
- Discussion of the body scan, its use as the seat of emotion, and self-discovery *
- Movement practices in awareness
- Mindfulness as a self-regulatory technique, qualities needed to sustain practice
- Practice in awareness of the breath, nonjudgmental observation
- Awareness exercise
- The Relationship of Attention to Stress Management and Identifying Patterns of Behavior
- Focus on stress and stress reactivity versus response
- Meeting difficulties and overcoming obstacles
- Common difficulties or problems
- The process of inquiry
- Case examples
- Mindfulness meditation
- Symptom Management, Coping Strategies, Loving-Kindness Meditation Practice, Discussion of Its Practice and Perils
- Case examples
- Use of poems and stories
- Mindful Communication, Use of Aikido, Joining and Connecting with Interpersonal Mindfulness
- Meditation in choiceless awareness (use of sound and thought, as well as sensations and breath)
- Highlights of Current Research in Mindfulness
- Applicability and adaptability of mindfulness to patient populations and settings
- Questions, and answers to common questions
- Maintaining practice
- Practice in an awareness meditation
Meet Presenter Elena Rosenbaum, MS, MSW
Elena Rosenbaum, M.S., M.S.W., is adjunct faculty at the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Healthcare and Society and teaches at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. She's the author of Here for Now: Living Well with Cancer through Mindfulness.