When it comes to sexual orientation, many people are still asking the question of whether homosexuality is a choice that is made at some point in life, or if there is something hardwired in the brain that definitively determines a person’s sexual preference.
Rich Simon poses this question to Louann Brizendine—a neurobiologist who specializes in studying the differences between the male and female brain—during her session in our webcast series, Why Neuroscience Matters
Louann says that while there are still studies being conducted, it is believed that everyone is born with either a gay or straight brain. She goes on to explain how the developmental stages that occur during puberty will naturally bring out a person’s innate sexual orientation. Watch the video below to hear her full response.
Louann Brizendine is noted for her provocative work on gender and brain development. She's the author of bestsellers The Female Brain
and The Male Brain
. This clip is taken from his session in our brain science video course:
Brain Science Matters
This series is designed to enhance your clinical skills, speed up healing, and transform your clients’ lives by translating complex concepts like neuroplasticity and brain integration into real world therapeutic procedures. It covers:
- The “how-to’s” of using brain-based therapies for moving clients through trauma, anxiety, and depression more fully and quickly than ever
- Steps for assessing clients' brain integration, setting therapeutic goals, and conducting sessions based on brain science insights
- Clinical strategies that harness the brain’s ability to rewire itself
- Principles for identifying a client’s “sweet spot” for effective learning, retention, and lasting change
- Gender-based brain differences and which approaches work best with men and women
Want More Free Stuff?
You can view more free videos here
. Or check out our free articles on brain science
Do you learn by listening?
Check out our audio courses on Brain Science & Psychotherapy
, and Mindfulness
Do you learn by watching?
Check out our current online video courses here
Did you know that when you sign up
to be a member of the Networker community you get free stuff every month?