Depression, anxiety, and other stress-related disorders may be the most common mental health issues
in the country, but the energizing news is how powerful mind-body techniques can be in their long-term resolution.
As part of our new webcast series on how to combine these mind-body techniques with talk therapy
, I had a conversation with Amy Weintraub—recognized leader in the field of yoga and mental health. In this quick video demonstration, Amy shows how a simple yoga breathing technique can help anxious, revved-up clients move quickly into a regulated state more conducive to therapy.
It’s a 3-minute mini-tutorial on how yoga breathing calms the stress response system
and a great demonstration of how easy it is to integrate
a beneficial mind-body approach into your existing practice.
Just click on the frame below to watch.
Amy Weintraub is the author of Yoga for Depression
and Yoga Skills for Therapists
. She’s a leader in integrating yoga practices and mental health care. This clip is taken from her session in our mind-body video course:
Making The Mind-Body Connection in Talk Therapy
Get the practical, actionable information you need to use mind-body methods for maximum benefit in your clinical work. You’ll learn:
- How bridging the mind-body split is especially healing for challenging issues like depression, anxiety, and trauma
- To customize treatment for individual clients based on their symptoms, history, attachment style, temperament, and lifestyle
- Simple practices you can teach your clients to use between sessions to self-regulate anxiety, energy levels, and mood swings
- New ways to think about the mind-body connection that include the key roles played by exercise, nutrition, sleep, and lifestyle choices
- How to bring new vitality into your professional and personal life by incorporating some of these practices into your own self-care routine
Want More Free Stuff?
You can view more free videos here
. Or check out our free articles on mindfulness
Do you learn by listening?
Check out our audio courses on Brain Science & Psychotherapy
, and Mindfulness
Do you learn by watching?
Check out our current online video courses here
Did you know that when you sign up
to be a member of the Networker community you get free stuff every month?