Elisha Goldstein On The “Mindful Check-In”
When working one-on-one with clients, the first step in every session is to get them into the present moment so that they can truly focus on the work you’re doing together. This is never more challenging than when working with a client suffering from anxiety, PTSD, depression, or any other stress-related condition, where their mind is constantly stressed, making it difficult to penetrate.
In this brief video clip, Elisha Goldstein—coauthor of A Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workbook
—has a meditative technique to get stressed clients to bring their wandering minds back to the present. He calls it a "mindful check-in." Learn how it works.
Elisha Goldstein specializes in mindfulness-based therapies for stress, anxiety, depression, addiction, and trauma. He’s author of
The Now Effect: How This Moment Can Change the Rest of Your Life. This clip is taken from his session in our mind-body video course:
Making The Mind-Body Connection in Talk Therapy
Get the practical, actionable information you need to use mind-body methods for maximum benefit in your clinical work. You’ll learn:
- How bridging the mind-body split is especially healing for challenging issues like depression, anxiety, and trauma
- To customize treatment for individual clients based on their symptoms, history, attachment style, temperament, and lifestyle
- Simple practices you can teach your clients to use between sessions to self-regulate anxiety, energy levels, and mood swings
- New ways to think about the mind-body connection that include the key roles played by exercise, nutrition, sleep, and lifestyle choices
- How to bring new vitality into your professional and personal life by incorporating some of these practices into your own self-care routine
Want More Free Stuff?
You can view more free videos here
. Or check out our free articles on mindfulness
Do you learn by listening?
Check out our audio courses on Brain Science & Psychotherapy
, and Mindfulness
Do you learn by watching?
Check out our current online video courses here
Did you know that when you sign up
to be a member of the Networker community you get free stuff every month?
Ask The Experts