Award-Winning Actress Ann Randolph on Psychotherapy as Improv
It’s a simple exercise—imbue one part of the body with a feeling and explore it, just like an actor would. Stomp around the room with angry hips. Look at the world through the challenging eyes of a jaguar.
Discover how to bring forward new sides of yourself and your clients in the consulting room with improv actor Ann Randolph. In this clip from her video session, part of our new webcast series, Ann shows how to transform your office into a place of creative adventure.
This clip is taken from Ann Randolph's bonus session in our challenging cases video course:
Moment by Moment in the Consulting Room
These video demonstrations, combined with analyses by the master clinicians themselves, are designed to bring new insight and clarity of purpose to your clinical work. You’ll learn how to:
- Cultivate spontaneity, curiosity, and excitement in your sessions
- Leverage your personality, creativity, and humor to make your work come more fully alive
- Bring a warm, authoritative presence to therapy without influencing the client too much
- Attune most effectively with clients and use what's most genuine and affirming in the moment
- Incorporate tools and methods from theater, film, poetry, the visual arts, music, and other art forms that bring new inspiration to your sessions
- Go beyond words and intellectualizing to help clients develop a fuller experience in the therapy room
- Help clients access their most creative states of consciousness to solve problems outside your office
Want More Free Stuff?
You can view more free videos here
. Or check out our free articles on mindfulness
Do you learn by listening?
Check out our audio courses on Brain Science & Psychotherapy
, and Mindfulness
Do you learn by watching?
Check out our current online video courses here
Did you know that when you sign up
to be a member of the Networker community you get free stuff every month?
Ask The Experts