One of the more unique challenges of working with clients who have attachment-based issues is the lack on concrete goals in their treatment. Clients who enter therapy for issues like addiction, anxiety, or marital troubles have very clearly defined results they would like to work toward, but the endgame for attachment-based issues—where any number of adulthood issues are grounded in deep-seeded childhood injuries—is often much more abstract.
presenter Diane Poole Heller—an expert on working with the DARe (Dynamic Attachment Re-Patterning Experience) model—has many effective techniques to recommend when working with these clients who may have undefinable therapy goals.
In a brief video clip, Diane talks about one of her therapy techniques: Corrective experiences.
Watch the clip below to learn more about corrective experiences: What they are, how to use them, and how they work to help create a secure attachment system with a client.
Diane Poole Heller, Ph.D., an expert in Somatic Experiencing and the DARE: Dynamic Attachment Re-Patterning Experience model, is the author of Crash Course: A Self-Healing Guide to Auto Accident Trauma & Recovery. This clip is taken from her session in our attachment video course:
When Attachment is the Problem
This series provides a range of answers you can put to use in your work from the leaders in developing attachment-based psychotherapy. Expand your depth, range, and effectiveness as a therapist. You’ll learn to:
- Identify when a client is suffering from attachment-based issues
- Assess more accurately your clients’ different attachment styles and how to best address each one
- Better tune into the powerful nonverbal dimension of therapy, including cues from clients and your own nonverbal communication
- Create a safe environment for clients that enables you to establish a deeper therapeutic connection
- Apply the principles of Attachment Theory with couples, children, and families as well as pain and trauma sufferers
Want More Free Stuff?
You can view more free videos here
. Or check out our free articles on attachment
Do you learn by listening?
Check out our audio courses on Anxiety
, Depression & Grief
, and Trauma
Do you learn by watching?
Check out our current online video courses here
Did you know that when you sign up
to be a member of the Networker community you get free stuff every month?
Attachment Theory |
grief and loss