Creativity expert, Michael Gelb, on 4 simple practices that can help you become a better therapist
Actively cultivating creative power can be a revelation. It changes your brain, your outlook, your perception, and your problem-solving ability. It can also enhance your work in the consulting room. That’s the opinion of Michael Gelb, world’s leading authority on the application of genius thinking to personal and organizational development. It’s critical, Michael says, for therapists to attend to their own individual fulfillment and wholeness. That means taking care of ourselves, strengthening and integrating the creative part of our brains with the linear, learning new skills, and building our social capital. In this short video, Michael explains four simple practices that can help you on your way.
Michael Gelb is the world’s leading authority on the application of genius thinking to personal and organizational development. He is the author of 12 books on creativity and innovation, including the international best seller How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci: Seven Steps to Genius Every Day. This clip is taken from his session in our brain science video course:
Why Brain Science Matters: Concrete Strategies for Your Practice
This series is designed to enhance your clinical skills, speed up healing, and transform your clients’ lives by translating complex concepts like neuroplasticity and brain integration into real world therapeutic procedures. It covers:
- The “how-to’s” of using brain-based therapies for moving clients through trauma, anxiety, and depression more fully and quickly than ever
- Steps for assessing clients’ brain integration, setting therapeutic goals, and conducting sessions based on brain science insights
- Clinical strategies that harness the brain’s ability to rewire itself
- Principles for identifying a client’s “sweet spot” for effective learning, retention, and lasting change
- Gender-based brain differences and which approaches work best with men and women
Want More Free Stuff?
Do you learn by watching? Check out our current online video courses here.
Did you know that when you sign up to be a member of the Networker community you get free stuff every month?