A man’s sexuality is integral to everything he does, according to Esther Perel.
It’s reflected in how he lives, how he approaches his work and recreation, and how he meets—or dodges—challenges. In the consulting room, Esther simply mirrors that integration, introducing the subject of a man’s sexuality, his sexual practice, his approach to sex, and its place in his life in an effortless, organic way.
To watch this two and a half minute clip of Esther demonstrating how she does this is to learn from a master. And you can incorporate her insight and practical approach into your own work right away.
Click on the video below to watch, then let us know what you think.
Esther Perel, M.A., L.M.F.T., is a master trainer, therapist workshop leader and speaker, and an acknowledged international authority on couples, culture, and sexuality. The author of the international bestseller Mating in Captivity: Unlocking Erotic Intelligence, she’s an AASECT-approved sex therapist practicing in New York where she’s on the faculty at Columbia University and the Ackerman Institute. This clip is taken from her session in our men in therapy video course:
A New Blueprint for Engaging Men in Therapy
There are new approaches for engaging men in therapy—informed by neuroscience and proven effective—that can help you dramatically improve positive outcomes in your work with men and couples. Explore the latest findings on gender differences and master science-based strategies for working with men. Learn how to:
- Avoid common missteps that trigger men to shut down in therapy
- Gain and retain therapeutic leverage with resistant male clients
- Approach the issue of male shame and defuse it effectively
- Address taboo issues including sex, emotions, and fear of intimacy
- Expand the therapeutic use of your voice, face, and body to strengthen connection with male clients
- Engage men’s emotions—including fear and rage—as part of healing
- Enhance men’s capacity for empathy, connectedness, and intimacy
- Recognize distinctive features of male depression and integrate education and coaching into your treatment
- Recognize and address transference issues that male clients experience with female therapists
Want More Free Stuff?
Do you learn by watching? Check out our current online video courses here.
Did you know that when you sign up to be a member of the Networker community you get free stuff every month?