Pat Love is the lead-off presenter in our upcoming streaming-video webcast series bringing together leading innovators who’ve developed practical approaches that integrate the latest research on gender differences with our evolving clinical wisdom.
In this clip, Pat provides a quick look at the kinds of cutting edge information with game-changing applications that can help make therapy more inviting for male clients
Pat Love is a distinguished professor, relationship consultant, and licensed marriage and family therapist. She’s the author of Hot Monogamy and The Truth About Love and the coauthor of How to Improve Your Marriage Without Talking About It. This clip is taken from her session in our men in therapy video course:
A New Blueprint for Engaging Men in Therapy
There are new approaches for engaging men in therapy—informed by neuroscience and proven effective—that can help you dramatically improve positive outcomes in your work with men and couples. Explore the latest findings on gender differences and master science-based strategies for working with men. Learn how to:
- Avoid common missteps that trigger men to shut down in therapy
- Gain and retain therapeutic leverage with resistant male clients
- Approach the issue of male shame and defuse it effectively
- Address taboo issues including sex, emotions, and fear of intimacy
- Expand the therapeutic use of your voice, face, and body to strengthen connection with male clients
- Engage men’s emotions—including fear and rage—as part of healing
- Enhance men’s capacity for empathy, connectedness, and intimacy
- Recognize distinctive features of male depression and integrate education and coaching into your treatment
- Recognize and address transference issues that male clients experience with female therapists
Want More Free Stuff?
Do you learn by watching? Check out our current online video courses here.
Did you know that when you sign up to be a member of the Networker community you get free stuff every month?