Assistant or Associate Professor of Marriage& Family Therapy, Tenure Track
The Department of Marriage and Family Therapy in the Graduate School of Education and Allied Professions at Fairfield University invites applications for a tenure-track position (open rank) to begin September 2013.
- Teaching in the Department of Marriage and Family Therapy
- Supervising Marriage and Family Therapy graduate students
- Pursuing research related to Marriage and Family Therapy
- Advising and mentoring Marriage and Family Therapy graduate students
- Supporting and maintaining the clinical training component of the program including work with the MFT Advisory Board, contributing to the development and expansion of services provided at the Koslow Center for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Contributing to the program’s accreditation including program review and data collection
- Service to the program, the GSEAP, the wider university and the profession of Marriage and Family Therapy
- Doctorate in Marriage and Family Therapy preferred
- Clinical and supervisory experience in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Approved Supervisor status preferred or eligibility and willingness to obtain the credential
- Experience in a COAMFTE accredited program
- State license in Marriage and Family Therapy or license eligible
- Evidence of commitment and service to diverse populations and social justice
- Clear systemic model of therapy and supervision. Structural or Strategic clinical expertise preferred
- Demonstrated teaching ability on the graduate level
- A clear research agenda and publication record in the field
Review of applicants will begin on November 15, 2012 and continue until the position is filled. Qualified applicants should send a letter of application, three letters of reference, curriculum vitae, copy of transcript(s) and statements of their research agenda and teaching philosophy to: Dr. Rona Preli, Department Chair, Marriage and Family Therapy, Graduate School of Education and Allied Professions, Fairfield University, Canisius Hall, Room 121, 1073 North Benson Road, Fairfield, CT 06824.
Fairfield University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, committed to excellence through diversity, and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, Veterans, Jesuits and members of historically underrepresented groups. The University will provide reasonable paddaccommodations to all qualified individuals with a disability.