The therapists in Reading Course R135 were chosen by the respondents to our survey, with essays about the figures themselves, their approaches, and the practitioners whom they influenced.
Here's What Reading Course R135, Masters of Psychotherapy, Covers:
- The Top Ten most meaningful research developments of the last quarter-century, and what they mean for today’s practitioner.
- How, despite 500 different therapy techniques available, there’s still no evidence that the overall effectiveness of therapy has improved. Is it possible we still don’t understand the fundamental nature of psychotherapy?
- The techniques of Jay Haley, one of the pioneers of strategic therapy and a highly influential systems therapist.
- The life and work of feminist trailblazer, master teacher, and charismatic personality Marianne Walters, who had a lasting impact on many family therapists.
- How Networker editor Richard Simon was influenced by Marianne Walters.
3 CE Credits • $39
R135 Masters of Psychotherapy Course Readings
The Ten Most Influential Therapists of the Past Quarter-Century by Psychotherapy Networker
Defining Psychotherapy: The Last 25 Years Have Taught Us That It’s Neither Art Nor Science by Jay Efran et al.
A Look at the Evidence: Top 10 Research Findings of the Last 25 Years by Jay Lebow
The Accidental Therapist: Jay Haley Didn’t Set Out To Transform Psychotherapy by Mary Sykes Wylie
Larger than Life: Marianne Walters Was Family Therapy’s Foremost Feminist by Mary Sykes Wylie
Force of Nature: A Former Supervisee Recalls a Master Therapist at Work by Richard Simon