Reading Course R125 will help you dramatically deepen your appreciation of creativity and spontaneity in the consulting room.
Here's What Reading Course R125, Creativity in the Consulting Room, Covers:
- A step-by-step guide to using both Big Moments of insight and little, everyday moments to make sure that changes stick.
- Why therapy is always an exercise in creative ambiguity and how this affects the basic assumptions of manualized treatment.
- Three ways to use creativity in progress notes to deepen your understanding of a client.
- Why therapy should ask clients to consider what is beautiful in their lives.
- How the profiles of two remarkable artists--poet John O'Donohue and director Andre Gregory--offer perspectives on the role of creativity in the healing arts.
3 CE Credits • $39
R125 Creativity in the Consulting Room Course Readings
The Big Moment: Inspiration vs. Perspiration in the Therapy Room by David Waters
The Art of Therapeutic Conversation: The Move to Manualized Treatment Misses the Point by Jay Efran & Mitchell Greene
The Poetics of Progress Notes: Using Your Imagination with Tough Cases by Jay Efran & Mitchell Greene
Rediscovering the Mystery: For John O’Donohue, Therapy Is a Journey into the Unknown Self by Mary Sykes Wylie
Beauty Resurrected: How Can a Therapist Head Off a Potentially Violent Client? by Michael Ventura
My Interview with Andre: For Andre Gregory, the Truth, No Matter How Painful, Is Always Funny by Richard Simon