New discoveries in fields such as brain science, psychoneuroimmunology, and exercise physiology have proven this connection between physical and mental health. Reading Course R113 details the process of incorporating the mind-body connection into clinical practice.
Here's What Reading Course R113, The Body in Psychotherapy, Covers:
- How to help your clients tap into the wisdom and healing resources of their bodies.
- Concrete guidelines for bringing body awareness into the consulting room.
- How increased body awareness can lead therapists to better self-care, according to Richard Simon.
- What the somatic psychotherapies can teach talk therapists.
- The do's and don'ts of touch in psychotherapy according to body psychotherapy pioneer Ilana Rubenfeld.
- A practical guide to the 4 physical signals that indicate a client's inner state.
- How to compare the verbal messages and the body messages a client sends and act accordingly.
3 CE Credits • $39
R113 The Body in Psychotherapy Course Readings
Listening Hands: Ilana Rubenfeld Believes that Touch Can Be a Powerful Tool for Talk Therapists by Richard Simon
Beyond Talk: Using Our Bodies to Get to the Heart of the Matter by Mary Sykes Wylie
A Different Presence: Bringing Body-Centered Experience into Your Work by Rob Fisher
Caring for the Caregiver: The Art of Oscillating Attention by Christine Caldwell
Therapy in 3D: Lessons from Body Psychotherapy by Barbara Goodrich-Dunn