Reading Course R111 brings together Ron Taffel's series of groundbreaking articles from over the past decade, laying out a model for therapy that blends relationship and action, based on what teens are actually like today.
Here's What Reading Course R111, Psychotherapy for the New Adolescent, Covers:
- How to give advice in ways that kids can hear.
- How to effectively involve parents in treatment.
- How to deal with issues of confidentiality.
- How to integrate family and individual work with the teenager.
- The impact of the "second family" on adolescents.
3 CE Credits • $39
R111 Psychotherapy for the New Adolescent Course Readings
Discovering Our Children: The Connection between Anonymity and Rage in Today's Kids by Ron Taffel
Confronting the New Anxiety: How Therapists Can Help Today's Fearful Kids by Ron Taffel
The Wall of Silence: Reinventing Therapy to Reach the New Teens by Ron Taffel
New Rules for Working with Adolescents by Ron Taffel
The Second Family: A Teen's Peer Group Is a Rich Resource for Family Therapists by Ron Taffel