Therapists today incorporate neuroscience research, mind-body healing strategies and spiritual practices into respected psychological insights. Only thorugh such a mosaic of knowledge can we seek to fully serve our clients in all their depth and complexity. Reading Course R105 explores how therapists can incorporate a broader frame of meaning and personal identity into their work.
Here's What Reading Course R105, Beyond Psychology, Covers:
- The meaning of "enlightenment" and it's place in a therapist's consulting room.
- The role of practicing meditation in therapy.
- How cultivating our inner Self can reconnect us with our fundamental core and transform therapy.
- Step-by-step applications of the "Tao of Therapy" in the consulting room.
- How dualistic thinking separates us from experience, according to Richard Schwartz.
- The value of Jon Kabat-Zinn's combination of eastern practices with mainstream of western health care.
3 CE Credits • $39
R105 Beyond Psychology Course Readings
The Power of Attention: What Jon Kabat-Zinn Has against "Spirituality" by Mary Sykes Wylie
Enlightenment Reframed: When East Meets West in the Consulting Room by Walter Truett Anderson
The Larger Self: Discovering the Core within Our Multiplicity by Richard Schwartz
The Tao of Therapy: Helping Clients Experience Their Inner Freedom by Douglas Flemons
Bringing the Mystery Back by Jeffrey Kottler