Reading Course R134 will guide you through step-by-step instructions for helping your clinets shift towards acceptance.
Here's What Reading Course R134, Experiencing the Present Moment, Covers:
- Themes of the fully-conscious self including time, memory, courage, and the paradoxical quality of “doing” nothing.
- Dan Seigels's practical steps for helping your clients relieve their frustrations of trying to tune in to the chaotic jumble thought.
- Why our brains are wired for distraction as an ancient way to protect us from predators.
- How to help your anxious clients discover that by not resisting the present moment, they can find a way out of their suffering.
- The effects of meditation and other spiritual practices on therapy.
- How accepting our unpleasant thoughts and feelings helps us become braver, more serene, happier, and can even enhance performance.
3 CE Hours • $39
R134 Experiencing the Present Moment Course Readings
Appointments with Yourself: Don’t Mistake Your Schedule for Your Life by Michael Ventura
A Week of Silence: Quieting the Mind and Liberating the Self by Daniel Siegel
The Precarious Present: Why Is It So Hard To Stay In the Moment? by Robert Scaer
Facing Our Worst Fears: Finding the Courage to Stay In the Moment by Reid Wilson
Finding Flow: Embracing Your Worst Can Bring Out Your Best by Douglas Flemons
Hello, Darkness: Discovering Our Values by Confronting Our Fears by Steven Hayes