Reading Course R129 will provide you with the skills you need to deal with aging in the consulting room.
Here's What Reading Course R129, Therapeutic Perspectives on Aging, Covers:
- The implications of moving past "middle-age" and become old.
- The difference between aging therapists who get better and those who don't.
- A step-by-step guide to interventions to help clients who are caregivers.
- What it means for grown-up children to confront old wounds with their parents.
- Research evidence that counters myths about aging.
- Social issues involved in "the age mystique."
3 CE Credits • $39
R129 Therapeutic Perspectives on Aging Course Readings
When You’re 64: You May Be Ready to Retire, But What about Mom and Dad? by Terry Hargrave
Across the Great Divide: Middle Age in the Rear-View Mirror by Michael Ventura
In Praise of the Older Therapist: Probing the Heart of Clinical Wisdom by Walter Lowe
Betty Friedan Takes on the Age Mystique by Richard Simon
Aging: Fact and Fiction by Jay Lebow
War Stories: Helping Old Soldiers Find the Will to Live by Barry Jacobs
Healing the Family’s Oldest Rifts by Marian Sandmaier