Reading Course R103, comprised of 5 articles, offers a range of innovative approaches for dealing with most challenging problems. It will help you draw on the most powerful therapeutic resources of all: the complex, unpredictable vagaries of the client's own heart, mind, and spirit.Here's What Reading Course R103, Treating the Difficult Client, Covers:
- The negative impacts of avoiding a client's problem.
- How to use inclusive language and your client's actions to build hope.
- A step-by-step analysis of Marsha Linehan's Dialectical Behavioral Approach.
- How to translate your client's ambivalences and contradictions into fresh possibilities.
- The language structures and techniques that can rebuild hope in even the most shattered client.
3 CE Credits • $39
R103 Treating the Difficult Client Course Readings
Revolution on the Horizon: DBT Challenges the Borderline Diagnosis by Katy Butler
Stepping Off the Throne: It’s Easy to Be Too Enamored with Our Own Theories by Barry L. Duncan
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Turning Ambivalence into Possibility by Bill O'Hanlon
The Pragmatics of Hope: What to Do When all Seems Lost by Yvonne Dolan
The Psychology of the Sand-Pit: Clinical Lessons from Winnie-the-Pooh by Douglas Flemons