Discover how to work with a wide range of common clinical problems that result from traumatic experiences.
What's Covered in A505 Transforming Traumatic Memories:
- How to help a client identify and transform underlying traumatic experiences without needing to know anything at all about the content.
- Whiy it is so important for the change to be a part of the client's self-concept, so that it automatically generalizes to all other similar experiences, both in the past and in the future.
6 Audio MP3 Sessions:
Download $59 • CDs $69 (+$5 Shipping)
Add 6 CE Credit Hours: $59
A505 Transforming Traumatic Memories
- Introduction and experiential exercises: Working with the fundamental building blocks of experience-sensory
- Modalities and submodalities-and how to change them usefully
- Learning about reality constraints
- Homework: Offer simple submodalities changes to three clients
- Determining the process parameters of a positive imprint experience
- Content-free demonstration: Creating an earlier positive imprint
- Making it appropriate, contextualized, detailed, with positive parameters
- Homework: Create a positive imprint for three clients
- Feedback and discussion of the homework given in Session 2
- Demonstration of the complete method with a volunteer; review/discussion
- Generalization: making the change into part of the self-concept
- Homework: Use the complete method with one client
- Feedback and discussion of the homework given in Session 3
- Practicing different ways to find relevant traumatic experiences that are related to present problems/complaints
- Homework: Use the complete method with two more clients
- Feedback and discussion of the homework given in Session 4
- Applications and variations; additional ways of using the method
- Homework: Use the complete method with three more clients
- Feedback and discussion of the homework given in session 5
- The broader applications and implications of working with the structure of experience, in contrast to content
Meet Presenter Steve Andreas, MA
Steve Andreas, M.A., has been learning, teaching, and researching methods in Neuro-lingusitic Programming (NLP) since 1977, and is the author of Transforming Your Self and Virginia Satir: The Patterns of Her Magic. He's the coauthor of Heart of the Mind and Change Your Mind-and Keep the Change.