The bad financial news is no secret: since 2000, the self-pay market has sharply eroded for both new and senior therapists--from 44 percent of clients to 26 percent. Does this mean it's all over for private practice but the memories? Not at all, but therapists need to understand the "Big Picture"--economic and social trends now underway and what they mean for the future.
What's Covered in A503 The Future Of Private Practice:
- Why therapists are losing financial ground and how they can begin to gain it back.
- What populations, training, and services are likely to provide the greatest opportunities for therapists in coming years.
- How to position yourself to make the most of changing trends to continue to build a satisfying and successful practice.
6 Audio MP3 Sessions:
Download $59 • CDs $69 (+$5 Shipping)
Add 6 CE Credit Hours: $59
A503 The Future Of Private Practice
- Charting Your Future in Private Practice
- Overview: The changing economic market and how it's affecting private practice
- Rethinking entrepreneurial skills for today's market
- Trouble in paradise: how to know whether your practice is in danger today
- Basic action plan to reengineer your practice
- Asserting Autonomy
- Cutting unhealthy dependencies
- Strategies for getting off of managed care
- Basic business positioning for viability
- Developing an entrepreneurial mindset
- Taking Leadership
- Becoming the CEO of your private practice
- How to analyze your practice
- Taking an honest inventory of business strengths and weaknesses
- Strategic focus for a small business
- The 21st-Century Practice
- Bringing technology into your practice
- Fees, billing, and cutting expenses
- Website do's and don'ts, Internet marketing, and optimization
- Risk Management
- Determining risk vs. reward in private practice
- What to spend on and what to save on
- The best business models for the future of your private practice, Part 1
- Survival of the Fittest
- Small business evolution
- Overcoming fear, disappointment, and anxiety as you go forward
- The best business models for the future of your private practice, Part 2
Meet Presenter Lynn Grodzki, LCSW
Lynn Grodzki, L.C.S.W., is a psychotherapist, Professional Certified Coach, and internationally-known business coach. Through her writing and workshops, she's helped thousands of therapists build successful, viable private practices. She's the author of two bestselling books for therapists on practice building and the editor of The New Private Practice: Therapist-Coaches Share Stories, Strategies, and Advice, a look into the world of coaching through the eyes of therapists who have become coaches.