There's no reason that therapists can't offer their clients immediate relief from anxiety symptoms, even without medication. This course will provide a package of practical, easy-to-use, highly effective clinical tools to help clients get control of their anxiety.
What's Covered in A224 The Ten Best-Ever Anxiety Treatment Techniques:
- How to integrate into your practice a variety of relaxation techniques, including breathing exercises, imagery, and progressive relaxation.
- Concrete methods to dissipate panic attacks.
- A step-by-step guide to worry-management techniques (including the worry-well-and-worry-once method), thought-stopping exercises, and skills for managing the link between anger and anxiety.
Get All 6 Audio Sessions Now
Download: $79 • CDs: $102
A224 The Ten Best-Ever
Anxiety Treatment Techniques
- The basics of the anxious brain; the correct use of breathing for panic; the different use of breathing for generalized anxiety
- How to apply techniques for managing physiological arousal in panic and acute anxiety
- How to help a client who is anxious while in session
- Why stress is so destructive
- How to teach clients the importance of managing stress
- Techniques for helping the "stressed out" and overly tense client
- Lifestyle management
- Motivating clients to take charge of lifestyle issues that make stress destructive
- Techniques to manage rumination and how to make them really work
- The combination of arousal and cognition that is problematic for social phobia clients
- How to use and apply energy therapy techniques, EMDR, and medication in targeted ways for rapid symptom reduction
- Alternative methods and when to use them in therapy
- Discussion of case studies from the instructor and participants
Meet Presenter Margaret Wehrenberg, PsyD
Margaret Wehrenberg, Psy.D., has been in private practice as an addictions counselor and a psychologist for more than 20 years. She is the author of Stress Solutions: Ten Effective Strategies for Eliminating Your Stress. Her 2005 Networker Symposium workshop on anxiety management was the fifth most popular of the 160 sessions at the meeting.