Attachment Theory is the first coherent, clinically relevant map of the territory of adult love. Susan Johnson explains how the white hot emotions and dramas that emerge in couples therapy can be understood when seen in an attachment frame.
What's Covered in A314 The Heart Of The Matter:
- How to lead the couple, step by step, toward the transforming enactments that create a secure bond between the partners.
- How to integrate attachment theory into your work with couples to help them forgive old hurts and use their relationship as a source of strength and healing.
Get All 6 Audio Sessions Now
Download: $79 • CDs: $102
A314 The Heart Of The Matter:
A Clinician's Guide To Attachment Theory
- The need for a theory of love
- Research findings on attachment
- Introduction to Attachment theory
- Attachment theory continued
- Strengths and weaknesses of attachment theory
- Attachment in the session
- Attachment theory as a map for each session
- Guiding interventions with attachment theory
- Attachment, depressed couples and traumatized couples
- Theory and interventions
- Attachment injuries
- Maps to Forgiveness
- Understanding Impasses
- Attachment case studies
- Questions and Answers discussion
Meet Presenter Susan Johnson, Ed.D.
Susan Johnson, Ed.D., is professor of psychology at the University of Ottawa and director of the Couple and Family Therapy Clinic at the Ottawa Hospital. She's also a research professor at Alliant University in San Diego, California.