Kids and families in today's society are faced with unprecedented challenges and stresses, which then increases mistrust, and anger between kids and their parents. Kids are increasingly prone to angry outbursts, displays of disrespect toward adults, feelings of inadequacy, and a hunger to connect to a "second family." Parents feel stressed, misunderstood, disconnected from their kids, and confused about parental roles.
What's Covered in A109 Getting Through To Difficult Kids And Parents:
- Innovative ways to address the challenges facing kids and families today.
- Practical advice for helping parents better understand their kids, provide leadership in their families, and connect to their children.
Get All 4 Audio Sessions Now
Download: $57 • CDs: $74
A109 Getting Through To Difficult Kids And Parents
- Diagnostic Tools and Strategies
- Focusing assessment to obtain relevant information
- How to use enactments and task assignments as diagnostic tools
- Strategies to identify developmental and psychiatric problems.
- Temperamental Styles
- Characteristics of different temperamental styles
- Concrete strategies to deal with each temperamental style
- Helping parents who feel misunderstood, blamed, and hopeless
- The Second Family and Reconnecting the First Family
- Roots and indicators of disconnection between adolescents and their family
- Concept of the Second Family
- Strategies to reconnect family relationships
- Self-Esteem, Resilience, and a United Front
- Strategies to nurture self-esteem in children and adolescents
- Strategies to nurture resilience in children and adolescents
- Importance of parental unity
- Concrete strategies to help parents create a united front in the family
Meet Presenter Ron Taffel, PhD
Ron Taffel, Ph.D., conducts workshops across the country on the problems facing kids and their families today. He's the author of Getting Through to Difficult Kids and Parents; Nurturing Good Children Now; and The Second Family: How Adolescent Power Is Challenging the American Family.